Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Weight of the World

I'm finally done with my WaterWorld project. All in all it turned out a lot better than I was kinda fearing it would. The documentation turned out solid and even though we didn't have the best presentation, we didn't do bad, so I call it a win. Maynes was clear that even the best presentation was weak compared to what we could have done. I think he was kind of expecting that though because he more or less through us the assignment without even really telling us what we needed to have. People always say that the best way to learn to fly is without a safety net and that's pretty much what he did. Sure all of us could have done better, but what we ended up with was four solid game concepts and a shaky foundation for presentations that we could all improve upon. All in all I really enjoyed this semester even though I've been somewhat overloaded for the past week, Maynes really changed my mind about the standard of education at DeVry, you just gotta get the right prof.

No comments: